NextJTAG 2.0 License by NextDesignSolutions
This is the License Key for running NextJTAG. Upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 is available in the drop-down menu.
1 License Key only works for 1 FPGA Board.
NextJTAG is a standalone command line utility used for accessing Xilinx FPGAs over USB. It supports basic operations, such as checking the temperature and loading bitstreams. Platform and FPGA support are fairly limited, but more are coming soon. To gain access to all features, a license must be purchased. Check the releases to download the latest binaries.
- Query Device DNA of Xilinx FPGAs (free)
- Load bitstreams in parallel into configuration memory
- Clear the currently loaded bitstream
- Reload bitstreams from flash
- Reading the FPGA min/max/current temperature and voltage
- Reading/writing XADC/SYSMON registers
- Reading/writing to AXI over JTAG
- Changing voltage controller settings (not supported on all boards)
- Querying sensors from the BMC (not supported on all boards)
- REST API for remote control
Supported Xilinx FPGAs
|FPGA||Board||JTAG||FPGA Program||FPGA Sensors||Voltage Control||BMC Sensors|
|XCU200||Xilinx Alveo U200||USB||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|TUL BTU9P PRO||USB||Yes||Yes||No||No|
1 Bitstream support required for BMC access
2 Bittware cards require Bittworks II Toolkit Lite for BMC access
- Linux (x86-64)
- Windows (x64)
Instructions after Purchase:
1. Download this: https://github.com/NextDesignSolutions/NextJtag/releases
- If you purchased an upgrade, please send your existing license in the email as well.
- Please make sure the Device DNA that you sent is correct. Once the license is generated and sent to the customer, there will be no refunds issued.
- Requires USB to be connected to an onboard FTDI chip or an external FTDI/JTAG cable)
- Regular temperature and voltage readings use XADC/SYSMON, which may not give the same value as sensors elsewhere on the board. In addition, some bitstreams seem to break the min/max functionality on the temperature and voltage sensors.
- There is not a way to run different operations on different devices in the same command. NextJTAG will need to be called multiple times.
- Many advanced operations (such as changing the voltage) requires BMC access, which is different for every board. We currently only support BMC operations on the BCU1525, but may add more in the future depending on demand and vendor cooperation.
- BMC access requires loading a special bitstream, which takes a few seconds and causes the previous bitstream to be overwritten. This means that setting the voltage or reading BMC sensors can't be done while mining.
- NextJTAG will refuse to set voltage on an out of date BMC (this is shown as error 0x6d)